Plazo de solicitud: abril 15th 2019
El 11th Concurso mundial de simulacros de derechos humanos Nelson Mandela will be held at Palais des Nations in Geneva, Switzerland from 15 to 19 July 2019
The Competition is presented by the Centre for Human Rights based at the Faculty of Law, University of Pretoria, in partnership with the Academy on Human Rights, Washington College of Law, American University and the United Nations Human Rights Council Branch (HRCB) at the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR).
The Competition will be held in English, French and Spanish.
The Competition is open to both undergraduate and master’s degree students. A team of two students from each university is invited to participate. In the preliminary rounds, students submit heads of argument for a hypothetical case, which are assessed by a panel of experts.
The best 10 teams from each UN region are then invited to participate in the pre-final, quarter-final, semi- final and final rounds of the Competition in Geneva. Teams then have to argue the two sides of the hypothetical case, representing, alternatively, both the Applicant and the Respondent before a ‘bench’ of human rights experts.
The eight best teams proceed to the quarter final rounds, which is presided over by judges from international courts and tribunals. Starting in 2019, the Competition will be held in not only in English, French, but also in Spanish
La competencia de la 2019 Nelson Mandela en el tribunal simulado de derechos humanos will for the third time host the Nelson Mandela World Human Rights Moot Court Competition Annual Lecture, featuring some of the world’s most prominent international lawyers.
For more information, please contact the Nelson Mandela World Moot Court
Competition Coordinator, Eduardo Kapapelo, preferably by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
always with copy to email@example.com
- Centro de Derechos Humanos, Universidad de Pretoria.
- Academy on Human Rights, American University, Washington College of Law
- United Nations Human Rights Council Branch (HRCB) at the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR).
with the financial support of
- European Union through the Global Campus of Human Rights
- Misión Permanente de Suiza ante las Naciones Unidas en Ginebra
- South African Permanent Mission Geneva
- The Regional Office for Southern Africa (ROSA) of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights