Plazo de solicitud: Miércoles 26 2018 septiembre
Market Photo Workshop, con el apoyo del Departamento de Artes y Cultura, is sending out a call for photography enterprises and photography content production proposals. The Photography Incubator Programme will use hands-on job experience, combined with technical and theoretical support and mentoring towards enhancing and elevating photographers’ business ventures and artistic practice. The Programme will begin in October 2018 and end in February 2019.
The Programme provides practical experience and exposure to fully understand major aspects of the enterprise and practice of photography. This includes photography entrepreneurship and business management, archiving, gallery practice, curatorial production, editing, training and participatory projects and will explore photography through artistic, commercial, and media practice.
The outcomes of the Photography Incubator Programme may include but is not limited to:
- Fully developed photography projects that may take the form of exhibitions, participatory projects, talks, workshops, open studios, photo walks, publications, screenings and online projects.
- Projects engaging with the public and in underrepresented communities through photography.
- The development of a publication as a record and reflection of overall activities
- Each photographer being given the tools and support to formally register and build their own photography business.
Criterios de Elegibilidad
- Applicants must be South African and locally based within Gauteng or demonstrate the ability to commute regularly to the Programme. Preference will be given to photographers from underrepresented communities, with a focus on Coloured communities in need of project development support.
- Applicants must demonstrate a high ambition to be an entrepreneur or business owner. Successful candidates must register a company at the end of the Photography Incubator Programme.
- Applicants must demonstrate that they have a desire to develop a photography or photography-related business, or own a recently launched photography business that they would like to accelerate. It is highly recommended first time entrepreneurs apply.
- Judges will select applicants who will be able to fully participate in the project, and who are likely to derive lasting benefits from the Photography Incubator Programme.
The Programme is aimed at photographers practicing in South Africa with at least 2 years of practical experience, who are seeking to further their conceptual and artistic practice by developing research and entrepreneurial skills. Preferential advantage will be given to photographers from underrepresented communities.
- Applicants must submit a proposal for a photography activity they plan on pursuing during the Incubator Programme using the Proposal Requirements and Eligibility Criteria stipulated below.
- 7 practicing photographers including collectives will be selected through this open call process.
- A panel of judges appointed from the staff of the Market Photo Workshop will participate in the selection process.
- Shortlisted candidates must be available for an interview soon thereafter.
Requisitos de la propuesta
- Proposed Project description that contains the following (maximum 2 pages):
- Detail your interests in developing a photography project and business.
- A short proposal of an innovative photography business concept that you would like to develop further with support from the programme.
- A list of proposed project goals/objectives
- A comprehensive CV and professional biography.
- An existing portfolio of 12-20 photographs (Jpeg files, folder not more than 5MB).
All applications must be submitted by email to email@example.com
Applicants are encouraged to contact Bekie Ntini on +27 11 834 1444 with any queries.
Para más información: