Allan and Nesta Ferguson Scholarships
Fecha límite: 20 February 2019
Thanks to the generosity of the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable trust, Tres Allan and Nesta Ferguson Scholarships have been established for African Students (African nationals and resident in Africa), who wish to undertake a taught masters course at SOAS
Each Allan and Nesta Ferguson Scholarship covers tuition fees in full and provides a maintenance grant of £7,000.
In addition to this, International Student’s House (ISH) provides free accommodation and a food scholarship. The scholarship recipient must reside at International Student House during the whole of your course. ISH is an independent educational charity that runs a large student hostel near the School, together with social facilities for international students in London. It has a close association with the University of London. You should also be aware that in return for the residential scholarship, ISH expects their scholarship students to play an active role in the life of ISH. In addition you may be asked to work on a voluntary basis within the House for a few hours each month.
The Ferguson scholarship is awarded on the basis of academic merit.
Students offered an Allan and Nesta Ferguson Scholarship must take it up in the academic year 2019/20 and it cannot be carried forward to a later year.
- De jornada completa Estudios Africanos MA
- De jornada completa MA International Studies and Diplomacy
- De jornada completa MA Social Anthropology of Development
Los solicitantes deben:
- Ser ciudadanos y residentes en un país africano
- Tener una licenciatura en el primer nivel de clase
- Hold an offer of admission to pursue one of the eligible programmes by the scholarship deadline. Priority may be given to applicants with unconditional offers. If your offer is conditional, please ensure you meet the conditions as soon as possible.
- Solicitantes must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible but no later than 1 June 2019. If your offer is conditional on English, please arrange your English test and ensure you meet the English requirement as soon as possible.
Evaluación de Candidatos
- Los candidatos serán evaluados por méritos académicos por un Panel Asesor compuesto por tres miembros académicos.
- The assessment of your application will be based on the information in your scholarship application. Selectors will be looking at the degree results and also at academic references, statement and other relevant information.
Plazo de solicitud de beca
- Scholarship applications must be received no later than 16: 00 (hora local del Reino Unido) en 20 Febrero 2019.
- You must also submit a complete online application to your programme. Se recomienda solicitar el programa unas seis semanas ANTES de la fecha límite de la beca (es decir, por 9 January 2019). Please note that complete applications for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
- Aplicaciones finales o incompletas no serán consideradas.
Number of Applications normally received
- 10 aplicaciones
Notificación de resultados
Successful candidates will be notified by end-June. If you have not heard from us by end-June, you should assume that your application was unsuccessful.
Procedimientos de solicitud de beca
Debes seguir dos pasos:
- STEP 1: Apply for your programme
Debes enviar un COMPLETO solicitud en línea para la admisión.
Applicants must have an offer of admission to pursue a full-time masters programme at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline. A complete application for admission includes transcripts, an explanation of the grading system for any degrees obtained outside of the UK, two references, CV and a personal statement. The panel will be considering your scholarship application TOGETHER with your on-line application for admission. Please note that complete applications for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of the year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
Se recomienda solicitar el programa unas seis semanas ANTES de la fecha límite de la beca (es decir, por 9 January 2019).
- STEP 2: Apply for the scholarship por 16: 00 (hora local del Reino Unido) en 20 February 2019.
You must apply for this scholarship via the on-line application form which will open AQUÍ en 23 enero 2019.
For enquiries, please:
Correo electrónico: firstname.lastname@example.org
Teléfono: + 44 (0) 20 7074 5094 / 5091
Para más información: