Application Deadline: 15 March 2019.
La Fundación Allan Gray Orbis invests in the education and development of individuals with entrepreneurial potential within Southern Africa. La Fundación Allan Gray Orbis do so because we believe that these curious, driven and responsibly minded young people are capable of significantly, positively and permanently impacting the economic lives of the communities, cities and possibly even the country they operate in.
The Foundation takes a holistic approach to entrepreneurship development and there are three critical aspects: the person in whom we cultivate an entrepreneurial mindset, the practice of developing entrepreneurial skills and competencies and the context of understanding the African and global ecosystems.
The Foundation offers high school Scholarships to learners who are in financial need, have a curious, entrepreneurial mindset and the potential to excel academically.
Becarios, conocidos como Allan Gray Orbis Scholars, receive funding for high school in addition to access to support and programmes to develop their entrepreneurial talents. We aim to develop a community of young, entrepreneurially minded leaders so that our Scholars have the opportunity to go to university through the Fellowship Programme.
The Scholarship Programme focuses on the cultivation of an entrepreneurial mindset, personal mastery and academic excellence. We believe an entrepreneurial mindset will enable our Scholars to attain academic success and effective personal leadership.
Esta beca se ofrece en tres países, sin embargo, los modelos difieren en cada país.
Sudáfrica: la beca está disponible para los estudiantes que ingresan a la escuela secundaria. Los estudiantes en el grado 6 pueden aplicar.
Botswana / Swaziland – This Scholarship is available to Grade 12 learners who need a post-Matric to gain access to a South African University. Please apply through the Compañerismo .
Here is the full list of the partner placement schools:
Cabo del Este:
- Clarendon High School para niñas
- Escuela Secundaria Selborne College
- Escuela secundaria de niñas colegiada
- Gray High School
- St Andrew's College (Grahamstown)
- Escuela Diocesana para Niñas
- St Alban's College
- Escuela King Edward VII
- St Andrew's School para niñas
- St Mary's School, Waverly
- St Stithians College
- Escuela Roedean (SA)
- Pretoria Boys High School
- Escuela secundaria independiente de Epworth
- High School secundaria de las muchachas de Pietermaritzburg
- Maritzburg College
- Obispos del Colegio Diocesano
- High School secundaria del St Cyprian
- High School secundaria de las muchachas de Rustenburg
- High School secundaria de los muchachos de Rondebosch
- Escuela Secundaria Rhenish Girls
The Scholarship programme provides access to quality high school education. Allan Gray Orbis Foundation aim to establish passion in the selected Scholars and develop their potential to become self-starting, high-impact entrepreneurs.
La beca cubre lo siguiente:
- Matrícula completa y tarifas de embarque
- Una asignación mensual (dinero de bolsillo)
- A travel subsidy
- Papelería y libros prescritos
- Artículos de tocador, uniformes escolares y ropa casual
- Soporte para actividades extramurales
Scholars also have access to an entrepreneurial development programme. This ensures their continued progress by providing additional leadership and entrepreneurial development opportunities.