Plazo de solicitud: July 1, 2019,
The International Relations Committee of the American College of Surgeons (ACS) se complace en anunciar travel awards for surgeons aged 30 to 50. These awards, in the amount of $4,000 each, provide international surgeons with the opportunity to attend and participate fully in the educational activities of the ACS annual Clinical Congress. They are proposed to specifically assist surgeons who work in community or regional hospitals or clinics in countries other than the United States and Canada, or who are from poorly resourced academic departments of surgery in poorly resourced countries.
Una nueva encuesta Community Surgeon Travel Award has been donated through the generosity of the Doctors Duremdes family designated for Filipino surgeons. It gives preference to meritorious applications from Iloilo Province, Panay Island, and non-urban Philippine communities.
Each awardee will receive gratis registration to the annual Clinical Congress and to one available postgraduate course held during the Clinical Congress. Assistance will be provided to obtain preferential housing in an economical hotel in the Clinical Congress city. In 2020, the Clinical Congress takes place in Chicago, IL, October 4–8.
- Los solicitantes deben ser graduados de escuelas de medicina que hayan completado su entrenamiento quirúrgico.
- Applicants must be at least 30 years old, but under 50, on the date that the complete application is filed.
- Los solicitantes deben enviar sus solicitudes desde su ubicación permanente prevista. Las solicitudes se aceptarán para su procesamiento solo cuando los solicitantes hayan practicado, enseñado o investigado quirúrgicamente durante un mínimo de un año en su ubicación permanente prevista, una vez completada toda la capacitación formal (incluidas las becas y las becas).
- Applicants must show evidence of commitment to high quality surgery, to surgical teaching, and to improving access to surgical care in their community.
- Los solicitantes deben enviar un formulario de solicitud completo completado por el Colegio en su sitio web. La solicitud y los materiales correspondientes deben enviarse en inglés. La presentación de un curriculum vitae solo no es aceptable.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have not already experienced training or surgical fellowships in the U.S. or Canada.
- Applicants must submit independently prepared letters of recommendation from three (3) of their colleagues. One letter must be from the chair of the department in which they hold a clinical or academic appointment or from a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons residing in their country. The chair’s or the Fellow’s letter is to directly address the applicant’s commitment to high quality surgery, surgical teaching, and improving access to surgical care locally. Letters of recommendation should be submitted by the persons making the recommendations.
- The Community Surgeon Travel Awards must be used in the year for which they are designated. They cannot be postponed.
- Awardees are expected to provide a written report upon their return home, specifically focusing on the value of the visit to the awardee and the potential beneficial effect to patients in the country of origin.
- Unsuccessful applicants may reapply only twice and only by completing and submitting a new application together with new supporting documentation.
Each awardee will receive gratis registration to the annual Clinical Congress and to one available postgraduate course held during the Clinical Congress. In order to qualify for consideration by the selection committee, all of the requirements must be fulfilled.
Procedimiento de solicitud:
- All applications for the year 2019 and all of the supporting documentation must be received online no later than July 1, 2019, para que un solicitante reciba consideración por parte del comité de selección.
- Todos los solicitantes serán notificados de la decisión del comité de selección en noviembre 2019.
- Se insta a los solicitantes a que presenten sus solicitudes y documentos justificativos completados lo antes posible a fin de brindar suficiente tiempo para procesarlos.
Questions about and application materials for this award should be sent to email@example.com.
Para más información: