Application Deadline: 26 February 2019 at 23:59 GMT.
La BBC está buscando una estrella en ascenso del periodismo africano para el BBC World News Komla Dumor Award, now in its fifth year.
Journalists from across the continent are invited to apply for the award, which aims to uncover and promote fresh talent from Africa.
El ganador pasará tres meses en la sede de la BBC en Londres, adquiriendo habilidades y experiencia.
The award was established to honour Komla Dumor, an exceptional Ghanaian broadcaster and presenter for BBC World News, who died suddenly aged 41 in 2014.
It will be made to an outstanding individual living and working in Africa, who combines strong journalism skills, on-air flair, and an exceptional talent in telling African stories with the ambition and potential to become a star of the future.
As well as spending time with the BBC in London, the winner will also get to travel to Africa to report a story – and have that story shared across the continent and the world.
Rol y responsabilidad
The winner of the BBC World News Komla Dumor award will receive a once-in-a-lifetime training and development opportunity with the BBC in London, starting in early September 2019 and running for three months. Working with teams from across BBC News, the winner will produce an African story for the BBC and have their story and their voice shared across the continent and the world. They will be supported by a high-level BBC mentor and attend courses run by the BBC’s world-class training department, the BBC Academy.
The BBC will pay for the winner’s flights to and from the UK and for their visa. We will also arrange and pay for the winner’s accommodation in London during their placement.
The winner will receive £2,000 per month for the three month placement to cover their living expenses and a one-off payment of £5,000 as a contribution towards loss of salary in their home country. Some of the above may be subject to taxation (and deductions will be made as appropriate).
Para solicitar este prestigioso premio, debe estar actualmente viviendo y trabajando como periodista en África.
También debe tener las siguientes habilidades y experiencia:
- Excelentes habilidades periodísticas, incluso en medios digitales y sociales.
- La experiencia de la radiodifusión es preferible.
- Una excelente voz de transmisión y fuertes habilidades de presentación con la capacidad de actuar en el micrófono con estilo.
- The ability to identify and pitch a strong original African story idea, aligned to the BBC editorial guidelines http://www.bbc.co.uk/editorialguidelines/
- Wide and up-to-date knowledge and understanding of the African continent, including politics, business, culture, history and sport.
- Fluidez en inglés como primer idioma o equivalente.
Requisitos adicionales para todos los solicitantes
- Debe proporcionar un CV (máximo dos páginas) / completar un perfil de centro de carreras profesionales.
- Debe tener o ser capaz de obtener por 1st March 2019 un pasaporte válido hasta al menos 31st enero 2020.
- No debe ser un miembro actual o antiguo del personal de la BBC.
- If successful, your employer must be willing to release you for three months from September 2019 for you to travel on your own to take up your placement in London.
- The visa requires that you hold a degree or are studying towards a degree equivalent to a UK Bachelor’s degree from a recognised university.
- References, proof of employment, birth certificate, passport, an appropriate UK visa and proof of level of English will be required from shortlisted candidates.
Términos y Condiciones
- 2015: Nancy Kacungira from Uganda
- 2016: Didi Akinyelure from Nigeria
- 2017: Amina Yuguda from Nigeria
- 2018: Waihiga Mwaura from Kenya
Solicite ahora para el
Para más información: