Application Deadline: midday 12.00 PM (BST) on 22 2019 de marzo
Becas de aprendizaje a distancia de la Mancomunidad are offered to citizens from low middle income Commonwealth countries. These scholarships are funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), with the aim of contributing to the UK’s international development aims and wider overseas interests, supporting excellence in UK higher education, and sustaining the principles of the Commonwealth.
Contribuir a las necesidades de desarrollo de los países de la Commonwealth brindando capacitación para profesionales calificados y calificados en áreas clave de desarrollo.
Estudiantes de posgrado de alta calidad que deseen acceder a una formación no disponible en sus países de origen, que deseen o necesiten permanecer en su país de origen mientras estudian, y que tienen el potencial de mejorar el desarrollo de sus países de origen con el conocimiento y las habilidades de liderazgo ellos adquieren
Para ser elegible para una beca de aprendizaje a distancia de la Mancomunidad, los candidatos deben:
- Ser ciudadano o haber recibido el estatus de refugiado por un país elegible de la Commonwealth, o ser una persona protegida británica
- Be permanently resident in a low middle income Commonwealth country
- Hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard. A lower qualification and sufficient relevant experience may be considered in certain cases.
- Be unable to afford to study the programme without this scholarship.
Papúa Nueva Guinea
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships provide full tuition fees and all other compulsory costs of studying a UK Master’s programme by distance learning. This includes the full cost of any residential components of a course.
Proceso de selección
Each participating UK University will conduct its own recruitment process to select a specified number of candidates for Distance Learning Scholarships. Universities must put forward their selected candidates to the CSC by 29th April 2019. The CSC will then confirm that these candidates meet the eligibility criteria for this scheme. Universities will inform candidates of their results by July 2019.
Los criterios de selección incluyen:
- Mérito académico del candidato
- Impacto potencial del trabajo en el desarrollo del país de origen del candidato
You should apply to study an eligible Master’s course at a UK university that is participating in the Distance Learning scheme. Click here for a list of participating universities and eligible courses.
You must also secure admission to your course in addition to applying for a Distance Learning Scholarship. You must check with your chosen university for their specific advice on when to apply, admission requirements, and rules for applying. You must make your application using the CSC’s online application system, in addition to any other application that you are required to complete by your chosen university. The CSC will not accept any applications that are not submitted via the online application system.
You can apply for more than one course and/or to more than one university, but you may only accept one offer of a Distance Learning Scholarship.
All applications must be submitted by midday 12.00 PM (BST) on 22 March 2019 at the latest.
Your application must include the following supporting documentation by 12:00 PBST) on 5 April 2019 in order for your application to be eligible for consideration:
- Copy of your valid passport or national ID card showing your photograph, date of birth, and country of citizenship – uploaded to the online application system
- At least one reference – submitted directly by the referee to the online application system. Referees will be sent an email request however applicants are responsible for seeking permission from their referees in advance of submitting their application; for ensuring that their referees are available to complete the reference by the deadline; and that the referees have received the reference request email.
- An offer letter to start your chosen course of study in the 2019-2020 academic year – uploaded to the online application system
- Full transcripts detailing all your higher education qualifications (with certified translations if not in English) – uploaded to the online application system
Para más información: