Application Deadline:February 3, 2019
The Dalai Lama Fellows (DLF) experience is an immersive, year-long commitment that mentors each Fellow through a leadership curriculum inspired by exemplary leaders like the Dalai Lama. This curriculum will help you become more mindful, increase awareness of your inner values and how they relate to your work, deeply connect with people around you, and provide new ways of building sustainable solutions to complex problems.
Compañeros del Dalai Lama, founded in 2010 with the inspiration and encouragement of the 14th Dalai Lama, is reimagining leadership by cultivating and supporting a global movement of next generation leaders applying universal values and local understanding to solve global challenges at the communal level. The program is secular and ecumenical.
Award year-long Fellowships to such next generation leaders that are working on social change projects in local communities to address one or more of the following areas: mitigating economic disparity, diminishing violence, gender inequity, improving cross-cultural and interreligious cooperation, facilitating new and more holistic educational approaches, and enhancing environmental sustainability.
Proporcionamos a cada becario del proyecto:
- Immersion in our distinctive yearlong Head, Heart, Hands leadership curriculum;
- One-on-one coaching to support their projects in social change and personal development as contemplative and collaborative leaders;
- Participation in two week-long Global Assembliesy with Fellows from around the world and dynamic faculty; and
- Afiliación a LifeLong en nuestra comunidad de aprendizaje global y sistema de apoyo.
We are inviting interested applicants to participate in an honest self-reflection process that offers an opportunity not only to apply to the program but also to reflect on personal values and goals.
Ser Auténtico: As you reflect on and respond to these questions, remember not to tell us what you think we want to hear. Be authentic with yourself and share that authenticity with our team.
Be Courageous: This application is an opportunity to reflect on how you can grow as a leader. Be courageously bold, imagine the kind of leader you can become, and tell us about it.
Be Pensativo: Take time to respond to each question. Save drafts. Share reflections with trusted friends and colleagues. The most successful applications are not only well written but demonstrate thoughtfulness and introspection.
Save an Offline Copy: We recommend that you first reiew the entire application form and then spend time offline composing your responses in Google Docs or Microsoft Word. Be sure to save an offline copy in case of a technological error or broken connection.
In order to fulfill the minimum requirements, a candidate must demonstrate the following through the application:
(1) Next generation leader who is between ages 20-35 years;
(2) Fluency in written and spoken English;
(3) Experience or interest in learning and practicing contemplative practices throughout the year;
(4) Description of project of social change/justice that can be undertaken over the year;
(5) In-depth knowledge of the community and the issue that the proposed project is seeking to work in and address, preferably with more than one year of previous experience working with the community in question;
(6) Commitment to participating in our online learning platform, which hosts our year-long curriculum;
(7) Attendance at week-long Global Assembly in June 2019 and again in June 2020, participation in monthly coaching calls through video conference, participation in monthly group calls with other Fellows, completion of curriculum, and peer-to-peer interaction on the platform.
The application for Dalai Lama Fellows consists of six major parts:
- Su currículum vitae
- Antecedentes y descripción general del solicitante
- Una carta de recomendación
- Preguntas de ensayo
- Video de aplicación
- February 3, 2019: All applications due
- April 15 – 30, 2019: All Fellows are selected and notified
- May 1-June 2019: Virtual Onboarding of Fellows and Preliminary Curriculum
- June 2019 (TBD): 5 Day Global Assembly in the United States
- July 2019 – May 2020: Head, Heart, Hands curriculum, monthly coaching calls, learning groups, project implementation in local communities
- June 2020 and beyond: 5 Day Gobal Assembly in the United States, where Fellows officially complete their Fellowship year and graduate into LifeLong Fellows global leadership and learning community
Para más información: