insight2impact’s DataHack for Financial Inclusion (DataHack4FI) is an African innovation competition that encourages finance, tech and data enthusiasts to collaborate in using data and analytics to solve business challenges and extend financial services to underserved communities.
Season 3 targets a variety of emerging tech companies, provided their solution has a foundation in advancing financial and economic inclusion or enabling the delivery of financial services to unserved and underserved market segments.
- Must be a registered, post-revenue tech business
- Must have a product currently in the market
- Must exhibit a scalable business model and ambition for growth
- Must have generated data that provides meaningful insight and that enables the development of new or improved products/services aimed at advancing financial and economic inclusion
DataHack4FI solution requirements:
- Solution must address a local challenge relating to financial and economic inclusion
- Solution must represent a newly developed product/service or an enhancement of existing offerings (NB: developed through innovative data use)
- Proposed solution must be viable and must demonstrate potential for release to market
Emerging tech companies who apply for Season 3 will undergo a rigorous selection process prior to the start of the competition. The selection of suitable businesses will be initially based on a brief but targeted application, with an emphasis on financial and economic inclusion-related business challenges. The final pool of qualifying emerging tech companies will be identified after a two-month development programme.
Business and topical experts to provide mentorship to selected emerging tech companies to develop: a business model, a DataHack4FI business challenge and readiness to adopt a data-driven approach to product design and business decision-making
Para más información: