Plazo de solicitud: 31st puede 2019 de mayo
Fentress Global Challenge es un international student design competition that was launched by Curtis Fentress in 2011. Over 1,000 entries from 77 countries competed in the inaugural competition, which resulted in three winners. In addition to an increased number of entrants each year, there has also been a steady rise in the quality of submittals. This competition represents an extraordinary exploration into the future of architecture and in so doing, has helped advance the pursuit of innovative design in public architecture.
While it hasn’t always been the case, airports—terminal buildings, in particular—have become the area of study for this competition. Participants are tasked with choosing an existing airport and envisioning how its terminals will look and function in a distant future year. Submissions must consider local context, technological trends, project feasibility, and passenger experience.
Announcement of the competition generally occurs in the summer, with submissions the following summer.
The Fentress Global Challenge (FGC) represents an extraordinary exploration into the future of architecture and in doing so, has helped advance the pursuit of innovative design in public architecture. Of the thousands of entries FGC has garnered since debuting in 2011, up to four earn top honors each year. In 2018, FGC Fellows was created to recognize a select and dynamic group of past award winners.
Fellows are chosen for their:
- Engagement in and elevation of the discourse on public architecture
- Active participation in mentorship programs
- Demonstration of a growing commitment to their community
FGC supports Fellows by facilitating events and other forums that afford networking opportunities and access to not only peers, but also industry leaders looking to connect, share ideas and discuss projects. Fellows are also invited to sit on future FGC award juries and collaborate on papers and other thought pieces.
- The top prize includes US$10,000 cash and the opportunity to accompany Curt Fentress to a prestigious architectural event where you will receive your award.
- Airfare, lodging, and entrance fee will be paid for by Fentress Architects, not to exceed US$5,000. Winners are responsible for obtaining necessary visas and paperwork.
- If entering as a group, the monetary prize and attendance at the architectural event will be distributed equally. Up to four additional winners also receive cash awards
Para más información: