Plazo de solicitud: noviembre 23rd 2018
The U.S. Department of State is excited to announce the launch of the 2019 Global Innovation through Science and Technology, Technology Idea (GIST Tech-I) competition
GIST Tech-I is a global pitching competition which seeks to identify and select, train, and encourage innovations by young scientists and great minds all over the world. As part of the GIST initiative, Tech-I works to empower young innovators to build businesses that address economic and development challenges.
- This year citizens from 132 countries and emerging economies spanning Europe, Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Latin America are eligible to apply with an innovative science and technology idea or startup in any sector.
- Applicants are required to explain the science and technology driving their project and describe their business strategy in an online application. They must also provide a 90-second pitch video to showcase their innovation and excite viewers about their project’s potential.
Criteria de selección:
- Hasta los solicitantes de 100 serán seleccionados como semifinalistas, quienes luego presentarán sus videos de presentación en línea y el público los votará.
Requisitos de elegibilidad para el solicitante
Los solicitantes deben cumplir TODOS los siguientes requisitos de elegibilidad:
- The applicant must be 18-40 years old on the application deadline, November 23, 2018.
- The applicant must be a citizen of at least one of the 132 GIST-eligible emerging economies
- The applicant must not hold dual-citizenship or permanent resident status in a non-GIST
- The applicant must not submit more than one application per GIST Tech-I competition year.
- The applicant must not be a previous GIST Tech-I finalist who traveled to and competed in the GIST Tech-I Finals.
Además de cumplir con los requisitos del solicitante anterior, las aplicaciones deben ser para Ideas o Startups
that meet ALL of the following requirements:
1. La aplicación debe ser el trabajo original del solicitante de Idea o Startup.
2. The Idea or Startup must be developing an innovative science or technology solution with
market potential in a GIST-eligible economy.
3. The Idea or Startup must be for-profit. Applications from non-profit ventures or NGOs are not eligible and will not be reviewed.
4. El inicio debe tener menos de tres años.
5. The Idea or Startup must be, at least in part, based in a GIST-eligible economy.
6. La Idea o Startup debe estar desarrollando o vendiendo productos y servicios que usen su propio
innovations in science and technology. Applications from organizations that buy and resell technologies will not be reviewed.
7. The Idea or Startup must not submit more than one application per GIST Tech-I competition year.
- These votes will help to select 24 finalists who will receive an all-expense paid trip to Bahrain to pitch their ventures to a global audience at the 2019 Global Entrepreneurship Congress (GEC).
- During the GEC, these amazing up-and-coming innovators will receive intensive skills training, mentorship, and networking access to global leaders in their fields. Winners of GIST Tech-I will receive seed capital prizes.
- The total prize pot will be $36,000 USD; the individual breakdown of prize funds will be announced closer to the Tech-I finals. All finalists will receive up to three months of mentoring following the finals.
Para más información: