Application Deadline: Friday, October 19, 2018.
Goethe-Institut Nigeria is organizing a workshop for practicing and aspiring film journalists. Writers with a strong interest in culture, especially film, are encouraged to apply. 8 to 10 participants will be selected for the 5-day Film Journalism Workshop, which will take place daily from November 9 to 13, 2018.
- El idioma de trabajo del taller es Inglés.
Grupo de destino
- The workshop is open to practicing and aspiring film critics, journalists, students of film, researchers et c. Applicants with relevant experience in cultural journalism (with particular interest in – but not restricted to – film) will also be considered.
- Applicants must not be younger than 18 years old.
objetivos de entrenamiento
Nigeria has one of the worldXCHARXs largest film industries, with global interest in its local content perpetually on the rise. Apart from classic Nigerian films of the 70s, as well as the popular Nollywood films and TV series, animation and documentary films are also becoming increasingly known. Across local traditional and social media, these films are mostly reviewed by self-taught film journalists and critics who have shaped their talent from their knowledge of and passion for cinema.
To coincide with the 2018 Africa International Film Festival (AFRIFF), Goethe-Institut Nigeria is organising a five-day film journalism training which will enable participants to apply the newly-acquired knowledge in practice. Participants will be tutored on the fundamental standard forms of film journalism (reviews/critiques, interviews, and feature writing.) This is to build on existing standards and also enable successful participants to become trainers themselves towards broadening the local film criticism community.
The aim of the workshop is to provide the participants with tools to sharpen their individual style and to sensitize them to certain aspects of the field in order to professionalise their work, making it more attractive for further dissemination.
- Lukas Foerster (Germany) is a film critic, journalist, film program-mer, and has taught Film theory and film Journalism Online at the Free University, Berlin and the University of Hildesheim respective-ly. Lukas Foerster is the 2018-2019 Siegfried Kracauer Film Criti-cism Fellow.
requerimientos de aplicacion
Interested applicants should submit the following application documents:
- Letter of motivation (max. 1 page)
- 2 XCHARX 3 Writing Samples (published or unpublished samples will be ac-cepted; should be film-related).
- 1-2 page CV (text, not tabular form)
- Lunch will be provided. Selected participants will however have to cover individual transport and accommodation costs. Per Diems will not be provided.
Fecha límite para presentaciones
- The deadline for submitting applications is: Friday, October 19, 2018.
- Applications must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please indicate “Film Journalism Workshop” in the subject line of the e-mail.
For further enquiries, contact: email@example.com
Para más información: