Fecha límite de solicitud: marzo 15th 2019
Organizado conjuntamente por la Universidad de las Naciones Unidas y el Sociedad Japonesa para la Promoción de la Ciencia (JSPS), the JSPS–UNU Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme is designed to provide promising, highly qualified, young researchers with the opportunity to conduct advanced research relevant to the main thematic focus areas of the UNU Institute for the Advanced Study of Sustainability (UNU-IAS, Tokyo) in cooperation with host researchers at Japanese universities and research institutions. UNU-IAS acts as the nominating authority for the JSPS–UNU Programme. This fellowship is aimed at candidates who have completed their doctorates in the past six years and also have professional and/or research experience. UNU-IAS will assist in securing acceptance from host researchers for short-listed candidates.
Fellowships are awarded for a period of 24 months. Applicants must hold a doctoral degree (received on or after 2 April 2013) when the fellowship begins, or be scheduled to receive a doctoral degree before the fellowship begins. Japanese nationals are not eligible, nor are those of dual nationality if one is Japanese. Also, those who have permanent residency in Japan are not eligible. Those who have been previously awarded a Standard or Pathway Fellowship under the JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowship for Research in Japan scheme are not eligible.
Términos del premio
- Un boleto aéreo de ida y vuelta (basado en las regulaciones JSPS)
- Una asignación mensual de mantenimiento de JPY362,000
- A settling-in allowance of JPY200,000 (based on JSPS regulations)
- Cobertura de seguro de viaje, accidente y enfermedad en el extranjero, etc.
- Los montos de los premios indicados anteriormente están sujetos a cambios por parte de JSPS.
- In the case that a Fellow is already residing in Japan before his/her fellowship starts or obtains resident status before his/her fellowship is designated to begin, the above-mentioned air ticket to Japan and settling-in allowance will not be provided.
- A research grant, “Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research”, is available to cover cooperative research-related expenses. Application for these grants is made by the host researcher through his/her institution.
Programa de becas postdoctorales JSPS-UNU 2019
Las propuestas de investigación para las becas posdoctorales JSPS-UNU deben relacionarse claramente con una de las áreas de investigación de UNU-IAS enumeradas a continuación, y también deben ser relevantes para las políticas.
Los siguientes proyectos de investigación en UNU-IAS están aceptando solicitudes para becarios postdoctorales JSPS-UNU:
- Natural Capital and Ecosystem Services Assessment
- Gobernabilidad para el Desarrollo Sostenible
- International Satoyama Initiative
- Agua para el desarrollo sostenible
Applicants must be citizens of countries that have diplomatic relations with Japan. Japanese nationals are not eligible, nor are those of dual nationality if one is Japanese. Also, those who have permanent residency in Japan are not eligible. Applicants must hold a doctorate received on or after 2 April 2013 (i.e., the degree must have been received within six years prior to 1 April 2019), when the fellowship begins or be scheduled to receive doctorate before the fellowship begins.
Se recomienda especialmente a los solicitantes con al menos 10 meses de investigación y / o experiencia profesional que presenten su solicitud.
Those who have previously been awarded a Standard or Pathway Fellowship under the JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowship for Research in Japan scheme are not eligible.
Duration of the fellowship
Las becas se otorgan por un período de 24 meses.
Nominación de candidatos
UNU-IAS will act as the nominating authority of the programme; and applications should be submitted to UNU-IAS, which will assist in securing acceptance from host researchers for short-listed candidates. UNU-IAS nominates candidates to JSPS based on the following criteria:
- los objetivos de investigación del solicitante y la calidad de su propuesta de investigación,
- the relevance of the research proposal to the ongoing or planned research activities of the applicant’s indicated Research Programme at UNU-IAS, and
- el mérito académico del solicitante y su potencial para una investigación exitosa mientras se encuentre en Japón.
UNU intends to inform successful candidates of the results of the nomination in June 2019. JSPS takes up to 3 months after receiving the nominations to process its award decisions.
Starting date and deadline for applications
The JSPS-UNU Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme begins on 1 September and the selected Fellows are required to be in Japan by this date. The deadline for applications for the 2019 Fellowships is 15 March 2019.
Interested and eligible candidates are invited to submit a completed formulario y documentos de apoyo a [Email protected]. If an applicant does not have access to the Internet, he or she should contact UNU-IAS. The form and the required documents indicated in the form must be in English. If supporting documents are not in English, English translations must be attached.
Para más información: