Fecha límite de solicitud: marzo 20th 2019
En agosto 2018, el Gobierno del estado de Kaduna welcomed the inaugural class of the Kashim Ibrahim Fellows Programme. Following a rigorous selection process, 16 Fellows from all over Nigeria are participating in the one-year Fellowship.
The Programme’s objective is to develop and nurture leadership ability across Nigeria, with specific focus on the promising leaders of the future. The one-year programme aims to create a network of high potential young Nigerians who are expected to rise to top leadership positions in the public sector and other spheres of activity over the next decade. The overall mission of the non-partisan programme, as envisioned by Governor Nasir el-Rufai, is in his words, “para elevar a la próxima generación de líderes que probablemente serán absorbidos por el sector público nigeriano, habiendo tenido una experiencia de primera mano sobre su funcionamiento y desafíos".
The Governing Board of the Kashim Ibrahim Fellowship Programme is pleased to announce that the selection process for the second set of fellows has begun. Applications are hereby invited from candidates interested in being considered for the 2019/2020 class of Fellows.
Requisitos de elegibilidad:
To be eligible as a 2019/2020 Kashim Ibrahim Fellow, applicants must show some level of public interest orientation
Selection Criteria Include:
- Diversity: The programme will admit twenty-four (24) Fellows representing diverse ethnic, religious, and gender backgrounds, with varied educational and economic environments; working from all angles and with different perspectives to strengthen their communities and civic life.
- An established record of self-discipline, punctuality, dedication, respect, confidentiality and integrity as Fellows MUST embody the change they wish to see in the society.
- Commitment to engaging in crucial issues and to making a difference at the national level.
- Promesa de una futura carrera de liderazgo e impacto notable.
- Capacidad especial para el pensamiento crítico, creativo, emprendedor y estratégico.
- Commitment to a rigorous programme of activities and to full-time residence in Kaduna for the ENTIRE duration of the programme.
- Las becas están disponibles para personas que trabajan para resolver problemas públicos importantes de manera creativa y poderosa.
- Competencia en inglés: los becarios deben dominar el inglés hablado y escrito, ya que todos los programas se impartirán en inglés.
- Los solicitantes deben ser ciudadanos nigerianos entre 25 y 35 años de edad.
- Have graduated from an undergraduate or graduate degree programme from a recognised University and have completed the National Youth Service Corp programme.
Paquete de compensación
- A salary and benefits equivalent to that of Special Assistant to the Governor from the Ministry, Department or Agency for which Fellows work.
- Accommodation: Boarding (and breakfast) in a nicely furnished one-bedroom apartment for the duration of the programme.
El programa Kashim Ibrahim Fellows consta de cuatro componentes, a saber:
Engagement in the work of Kaduna State Government lies at the heart of a Kashim Ibrahim Fellowship. Work assignments can offer unparalleled experience working with senior administration officials on ever changing issues and challenges. Fellows will spend a year as full-time, paid assistants to senior Government House Staff, Cabinet members and other top-ranking government officials in State Departments and Agencies.
- Asignaciones de trabajo: Fellows responsibilities would range from supporting public service delivery, interagency meetings and designing and implementing state government policies, to drafting speeches for government principals to representing their agencies outside Kaduna State. Fellows’ assignments demand a capacity for quick learning and a willingness to work hard, often on issues outside of their area of expertise. Job assignments are made at the commencement of the Programme during “Placement Week”.
- Remuneración: Fellows will receive salary and benefits equivalent to that of a Special Assistant to the Governor from the Ministry, Department or Agency for which they work. Kashim Ibrahim Fellows cannot receive compensation from any other source during their year of government service. Additionally, accommodation will be provided throughout the course of the programme.
- Programa de educación
El programa educativo obligatorio sirve como un aspecto importante de la confraternidad, ya que tiene la intención de aumentar y mejorar la experiencia de colocación laboral. Se espera que los becarios realicen plenamente el Programa de Educación, que incluiría series de oradores, viajes de política nacional, un viaje de política internacional y seminarios trimestrales al estilo del Instituto Aspen. Durante este proceso, se mantiene un equilibrio entre el desarrollo personal, la autorreflexión y el contexto de liderazgo nigeriano. Los valores y la ética del liderazgo también forman un componente principal de la experiencia de aprendizaje.
3. Servicio comunitario
Community service is a key component of the Kashim Ibrahim Fellows Programme. Fellows have a strong legacy of service to their communities and participate in community service projects throughout their year in Kaduna Metropolis. Fellows will be expected to pursue projects to assist the urban poor with solid waste management and recycling systems, volunteer teaching, mentoring secondary school students, assisting Nigerian Legion members, or participating in the clean-up of local schools.
Perhaps the most enriching component of the programme is class fellowship, which often results in enduring friendships and collaborative ventures. Alumni will convene at yearly meetings in Kaduna hosted by the Governor, to eagerly welcome new Fellows into what we hope would be one of the most prestigious networks of professionals and leaders in the state and our nation.
Proceso de solicitud:
- Please note that application for admission to the Kashim Ibrahim Fellowship Programme is entirely an online process. There are no paper forms to complete. To apply, please register on https://kashimibrahimfellows.com/register.php
- There is no application fee or any cost to apply.
- Antes de la fecha límite de 20th Marzo, 2019, you may work on your application at any time and submit it when you are ready. After creating an account and accessing the online application, you can upload materials and request your letters of recommendation.
- Applicants are required to submit a Résumé/Curriculum Vitae (maximum 3 pages), an essay (word document of Maximo de palabras 1000), and two letters of recommendation. The essay topic is “Managing Diversity and Fault Lines in Nigeria".
- An important part of the application is the essay where you have the opportunity to demonstrate what you have accomplished and what your goals are for the future as we want to see people who have had a track record of imbibing change and are looking forward to making change as they move forward.
- The most important criterion is to have a real commitment to put your new leadership skills into use to benefit your community, State and Nigeria upon the successful completion of the programme.
Para más información: