Application Deadline: 5:00 PM US Central Standard Time or 11:00 PM GMT on January 8, 2019.
Only the best and the brightest practitioners in the field are chosen to become Fellows. Those who are selected receive a $6000 stipend and a month of valuable training. The plan de estudios is delivered by a faculty of global experts who work closely with each carefully selected cohort of Fellows to explore new ways to apply market-based approaches to environmental issues.
The 2019 Kinship Conservation Fellowship will take place from June 30 through July 31, 2019 in Bellingham, Washington, U.S.A.
- Kinship looking for conservation leaders with at least cinco años de experiencia, que están profundamente comprometidos con la conservación, involucrados en la implementación de enfoques basados en el mercado para resolver problemas ambientales, y listos para ser parte de una comunidad en expansión de líderes mundiales.
- A key part of the Fellows application is a proposed project describing an environmental issue related to the applicant’s work and the plans to develop a solution using market approaches.
- Los solicitantes exitosos estarán familiarizados con los principios comerciales y económicos and work in a setting where these principles can be integrated with conservation work. 18 applicants are selected to participate in the training program.
Para ser considerado para el programa, los solicitantes deben cumplir con los siguientes requisitos:
- Possess a minimum of a four-year U.S. college degree (or its equivalent).
- Have a minimum of five years relevant work experience, después completing a degree.
- Be proficient in spoken and written English.
- Be a conservation practitioner (rather than an academic or researcher).
Applicants must use the aplicaciones en linea to apply to the Fellowship. Here is what is required in the application:
- Summary of your leadership experience. (150 words)
- Why you wish to attend the Kinship Fellows program and what you see yourself doing in five years. (250 words)
- Summary of your experience working with market-based tools. (250 words)
- A description of a project or an environmental challenge or issue in your work and how you plan to develop a solution using market-based approaches. (500 words)
Your resume should reflect at least five years of experience working in an environmental field. Five years cannot include time spent pursuing a degree.
A high-quality digital image of yourself (headshot).
Cartas de recomendación
Applicants must provide dos cartas de recomendación: One from a current employer and one from a colleague. The selection panel will use these letters to assess each applicant’s capacity for leadership. Specific examples include:
- Your ability to take action on conservation issues
- Your ability to mobilize and motivate others
- Your capacity to produce innovative solutions to complex environmental problems
- Your potential to contribute to an ongoing community of leaders
NOTE: Letters of recommendation must be submitted to the program by the person providing the recommendation. They cannot be uploaded with your application. A signed copy of the letter should be on letterhead and should be scanned and saved as a PDF or JPEG and emailed to: [Email protected]. If possible, limit each letter to one page.
Para más información: