Fecha límite de solicitud: noviembre 30th 2018
The University of the Western Cape (UWC) will present an endorsed short course on the Political Economy of Land Governance in Africa. The course will be presented by the Institute for Poverty, Land & Agrarian Studies (PLAAS) en colaboración con el African Land Policy Centre. The second course will be hosted in collaboration with Ardhi University in Zanzibar, Tanzania.
Contenido del curso
The key themes and concepts that will be covered in the course will include:
l. Pre-colonial and colonial histories of land rights in Africa
2. Statutory versus customary land tenure in Africa
3. Land policy and land law in Africa
4. Land administration in rural and urban contexts in Africa
5. Land corruption in Africa
6. Natural resource access and management in Africa
7. Large-scale land acquisitions, gender and class in Africa
8. Land policy responses and African and global land policy guidelines
- Applicants should hold an undergraduate degree and have 3-4 years of work experience.
- Applicants without a university degree may be considered, if they have 10-15 yearsXCHARX work experience.
- The course is funded by United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA), through the Network of Excellence in Land Governance in Africa (NELGA). Funding is available for 40 participants to cover course registration fees, travel and accommodation.
Envíe su solicitud a email@example.com
Para más información: