Plazo de solicitud: Abril 14, 2019.
The OFID Scholarship Award supports outstanding young individuals from developing countries so that they are able to pursue graduate studies in a development-related field. The program, which is currently in its thirteenth year of operation, has to date helped over 50 young people complete their education. Last year, OFID received close to 9,000 applications. The Scholarship portal is now open to receive applications.
The tuition fees, including any supplementary examination fees, as may
be required by the academic institution, will be paid by OFID directly
to the academic institution. Health insurance will be paid in accordance
with the institution’s own standard medical scheme.
A monthly allowance to cover living expenses, books and accommodation, will be transferred to the student’s own personal bank account.
Prior to the start of his/her first year studies, the student will be paid a relocation grant. OFID will also pay for travel costs from the nearest airport to the student’s place of residence, to the nearest airport to the chosen place of study. Upon completion of the studies, the student will be paid the cost of one-way air ticket to his/her home country.
- Debe estar entre las edades de 23-32 en el momento de enviar su solicitud.
- Must have obtained or be on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree with a Baccalaureate from an accredited college/university, or its equivalent.
- Debe tener un GPA acumulativo mínimo de 3.0 o superior en un sistema de clasificación 4.0 o su equivalente.
- Must be matriculated at an accredited university for the upcoming academic year starting August/September 2018, and must maintain full-time status for the duration of the Master’s Degree.
- Must be a national of a developing country—please refer to the list of eligible countries. Please note that nationals of OFID Member Countries (Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Venezuela) are ineligible to apply.
- Must select a subject of study that pertains to OFID’s core mission, such as: economics of development (poverty reduction, energy and sustainable development), environment (desertification), or other related science and technology fields.
TENGA EN CUENTA: Kindly read ALL of the directions below before proceeding with the application process:
Applicants are responsible for gathering and submitting all necessary information. Applications will be evaluated based on the information provided. Therefore, all questions should be answered as thoroughly as possible. No se considerarán las solicitudes incompletas. Once an application has been submitted, no changes will be allowed.
- Un formulario de solicitud completo en línea.
- Una copia escaneada del pasaporte del solicitante.
- Una copia escaneada de las transcripciones / certificados del más alto nivel de educación completada.
- A scanned letter of acceptance from chosen educational institution, confirming your admission, subject of study and duration of the Master’s degree program.
- Una prueba del cumplimiento de los requisitos previos, incluida la competencia lingüística.
- A short essay – of about 500 words in English – giving reasons for applying for the OFID scholarship, explaining your educational goals, and clearly describing how you will use the experience gained from your Master’s degree studies to help in the development of your home country.
- Dos cartas de recomendación de profesores y / o profesores en la universidad actual del solicitante (o empleador actual).
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
Procedimiento de solicitud:
- PASO 1: Asegúrese de cumplir con los Criterios de Elegibilidad para el Premio OFID Scholarship y todos los documentos necesarios están listos para ser enviados.
- PASO 2: Register within the OFID Scholarship Portal by using your email address. Please note you can log onto the portal as many times as required before finally submitting the application.
- PASO 3: Fill out the application form. Make sure to save data each time you update your application. Once you are logged in, if the page remains inactive for more than two hours, your session will time-out and you may lose unsaved data. Do not submit your application until you have completed the entire application process!
- PASO 4: Upload necessary documents: CV, two recommendation letters, certificates/transcripts from the highest level of completed education, acceptance letter into postgraduate program, passport copy and personal essay.
- PASO 5: When your application is complete, and
all additional documents are uploaded, your application is ready to be
submitted. Once your application is submitted, you can no longer make
any changes or upload any more documents.
The application deadline is April 14th , 2019. Please do not call or email OFID to see if your application has been received or to inquire about your status. You will receive an automated confirmation once your application has been submitted. Only the winners will be notified by Junio 2019 y anunciado en nuestro sitio web.
Para más información: