Plazo de solicitud: 15 2019 abril
Desde 2010, Un mundo joven has worked to guarantee young people from all 196 countries in the world are represented at OYW Summits, regardless of their ability to pay. To ensure this, fully-funded scholarship places are awarded to outstanding young leaders with a range of backgrounds, skill sets and nationalities.
This year, OYW has launched the flagship XCHARXLeading ScholarshipsXCHARX which seek applicants from 6 key regions. If you are a young leader, apply now:
2. Leading Asia
The Leading Africa Scholarship is an initiative designed to ensure that outstanding young people from Africa are represented at the One Young World Summit 2019 in London.
Africa is host to the largest population of young people in the world, with over 60% of its population under the age of 25. With 72% of its labour force in “vulnerable” employment and several countries experiencing challenges of governance and violent extremism, the Fourth Industrial Revolution could provide a lifeline to this young, eager population. Given their sheer numbers, they have the ability to transform their regions, whether it be in governance, energy, infrastructure, medicine and beyond.
In the midst of these challenges and opportunities, it is young leaders who are devising meaningful strategies to build a more sustainable region. Are you one of those leaders? If so, One Young World is looking to bring you to the next annual Summit in London.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2019 in London, the United Kingdom.
- Alojamiento en un hotel compartido entre 22 October y 25 October 2019.
- Catering que incluye desayuno, almuerzo y cena.
- Transporte entre el alojamiento de la Cumbre y el lugar de la Cumbre.
- Summit handouts and support materials.
- The cost of travel to and from London. Your flight to and from London must depart from and return to one and the same international airport.
Please note that if you are ultimately selected for a Scholarship and require a visa to enter the UK to attend the One Young World Summit 2019, you will be required to pay the UK visa fee yourself. The UK visa costs £93 GBP plus the applicable service charge of your local visa application centre. The costs of the visa and the applicable service charge as well as any further costs associated with the visa application (including travel to and from the visa application centre) fall on you as the participant.
You are eligible for sponsorship if you:
- Are between the ages of 18 XCHARX 30
- Have an evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Demonstrate capacity for leadership
- Are addressing key local and/or global issues in your work
- Have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas
- Are a national (passport holding citizen) of one of the countries listed below:
|Burkina Faso||Burundi||Camerún||Cabo Verde|
|República Centroafricana||Chad||Comoras||Congo, República Democrática del|
|Costa de Marfil||Yibuti||Egipto||Guinea Ecuatorial|
|Reino de eSwatini||Lesoto||Liberia||Libya, State of|
|Níger||Nigeria||Ruanda||Santo Tomé y Príncipe|
|Sudáfrica||Sudán del Sur||Sudán||Togo|
|Túnez||Uganda||República Unida de Tanzania||Zambia|
El proceso de selección:
The strongest applicants will be shortlisted by the end of May. You will be contacted individually by a member of the One Young World team if you have been shortlisted.
Ten en cuenta que
- We cannot guarantee any applicant that they will be shortlisted or that we will secure sponsorship for any shortlisted applicant.
- Priority will be given to applicants from countries that have been less represented at previous One Young World Summits.
- Priority will also be given to first-time Summit attendees (not OYW Ambassadors).
- Due to the overwhelming amount of applications we receive, One Young World is unable to respond to individual emails enquiring about the outcome of the Leading Africa selection process.
- We do not provide feedback as to why candidates are not selected.
Tips for applying: mira nuestra helpful guidelines for submitting a successful application.
Application deadline: Monday 15 April 2019, 5PM BST
Para más información: