Criterios y el proceso de solicitud
Before applying, ideal fellowship candidates should initiative a strategic conversation with the organization(s) and network(s) that they intend to assist and work with for their fellowship duration. Further, fellowship candidates should ensure:
- They and the organization(s) agree they are a good match
- Their capabilities align with the organization’s overall digital security needs and interest and have the means of achieving them,
- The organization’s leadership believes in the organizational change expected to occur.
- These conversations should also identify areas of particular concern for the organizations, including but not limited to: the types of threats they face to their work by adversaries, previous digital security issues experienced, anticipated escalations in threats to their work, etc.
- The fellowship candidate will work with the organizations’ leadership and OTF to share concrete feedback to the internet freedom community about specific usage of digital security / internet freedom technologies.
- Enhancing the capacity of locally-based digital security professionals as a partner to increase their knowledge and capacity;
- Implementing, maintaining, and scaling up the day-to-day digital security best-practices from within that enable an organization’s digital assets to defend against common “threats-of-the-day”;
- Responding to digital emergencies and targeted attacks utilizing incident response best-practices to inform further protection measures; and/or,
- Conducting highly-specialized digital forensics such as identifying and documenting malware and other vulnerabilities used in targeted attacks against human rights defenders
- Individuos de todas las edades independientemente de su nacionalidad, residencia, credo, género u otros factores, con la excepción de que OTF no puede apoyar a los solicitantes dentro de los países que Estados Unidos tiene restricciones comerciales o sanciones a la exportación según lo determinado por la Oficina de Activos Extranjeros de los Estados Unidos. Control (OFAC);
- Individuos que demuestran habilidad y habilidad para realizar las tareas de seguridad digital relevantes;
- Individuals who demonstrate a desire to grow their knowledge through mentorship and cross-discipline collaboration; and, Individuals who demonstrate a commitment to advance internet freedom globally;
Información del premio
- Cada becario aprobado firmará un contrato basado en el desempeño directamente con OTF para el SOW, deberá informar un estado mensual a su organización, OTF y otros becarios.
- Los becarios premiados reciben un estipendio de 5,000 USD por mes durante un máximo de 12 meses.
- Awarded fellows will also be allotted an “organizational support stipend” of 5,000 USD total to cover equipment and subscription costs that will maintain security protections for organizations receiving digital security assistance from the fellow.
Para más información: