Fecha límite de solicitud: puede 31st 2019
Based on the declaration of the United Nations in 2002 as the “Year of Ecotourism and the Mountains”, Skål International launched its own “Sustainable Tourism Awards” the same year, to spotlight best practices globally. These awards are geared towards enhancing the visibility and grant recognition to entities from the tourism industry.
Skål International is an Affiliate Member of the UNWTO whose mission is to promote the development of responsible, sustainable and universally, accessible tourism. We have adopted the UNWTO Global Code of Ethics in Tourism, and also support the ST-EP initiative (Sustainable Tourism-Eliminating Poverty). Skål is affiliated to other important, international organisations including PATA, IIPT, The Code, ECPAT, ICTP, STI.
As a leading, international organisation in the tourism industry, Skål International has proven to be a strong force for the initiation of change and the encouragement of environmental conservation for both travel and tourism progress.
The Sustainable Tourism Awards are open to all public and private sector companies, educational institutions, NGOs and government agencies. Entry submission can be made in any of the following categories:
- Proyectos comunitarios y gubernamentales
- Campo y Biodiversidad
- Programas educativos y medios
- Principales Atracciones Turísticas
- Marina y Costera
- Alojamiento rural
- Tour Operadores-Agentes de viajes
- Tourist Transport
- Alojamiento Urbano
Simply click and complete the Formulario de aplicación. During the process of filling out the form, you will be required to attach a letter of endorsement that can be issued by a Skål club or a local tourism authority, government tourism agency or tourism organisation.
CEREMONIA DE PREMIACIÓN
Los 18 Homenajeados de la th Sustainable Tourism Awards ceremony will take place on 15 September during the Opening Ceremony of the 80th Skål World Congress, to be held onboard the Royal Caribbean “Symphony of the Seas” from 14 to 21 September 2019.
ADVANTAGES OF PARTICIPATING IN THESE AWARDS
- To improve your visibility and get global recognition of your outstanding performance in terms of sustainable and responsible tourism.
- To network and market your products and services to tourism professionals worldwide.
- To gain worldwide media coverage among the entire Skål membership international press contacts.
- To collect in person the award you will be given during the Opening Ceremony of the 80th Skål World Congress.
- To personally experience the benefits that come with being a Member.
Applications will close 31 May 2019 at 23:59 CET.
Note: No entry fee is required.
For queries regarding the Skål International Sustainable Tourism Awards 2019, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Para más información: