Application Deadline: 23:59 CET 14 February 2019.
Have you applied for master’s studies starting in the autumn semester 2019? You can now apply for an SI scholarship to fund your studies in Sweden.
Do you have ambition, leadership experience and a strong professional background? You could study for a master’s degree in Sweden on a fully-funded Swedish Institute scholarship. Find out if you can apply.
The Swedish Institute (SI) is now launching el, Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP), a new scholarship programme which replaces Becas de estudio del Instituto Sueco (SISS).
The Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP) programme is part of the Swedish government’s international awards scheme aimed at developing global leaders who will contribute to the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. Es financiado por el Ministerio de Asuntos Exteriores de Suecia and administered by the Swedish Institute (SI).
The programme offers a unique opportunity for global professionals to develop professionally and academically, to experience Swedish society and culture, and to build a long-lasting relationship with Sweden and with each other.
The goal is to enable the scholarship holders to play an active role
in the positive development of the societies in which they live. Ideal
candidates are ambitious young professionals with academic
qualifications, demonstrated work and leadership experience, ambition to
make a difference by working with issues which contribute to a just and
sustainable development in their country in a long term perspective,
and a clear idea of how a study programme in Sweden would benefit their
La beca cubre:
- Tuition fees: directly paid to the Swedish university by us
- Gastos de mantenimiento de SEK 10,000 / mes
- Beca de viaje de SEK 15,000 *
- Seguro contra enfermedad y accidente
- Membresía de la red SI para futuros líderes mundiales(NFGL) – a platform to grow professionally and build your network while in Sweden
- Membresía de la red SI Alumni Network after your scholarship period – a platform for continued networking and further professional development
* The travel grant is a one-time payment for the entire study period. The grant is not applicable to students already living in Sweden.
The scholarship does not cover:
- Additional grants for family members
- Application fee to University Admissions
Período de beca
The scholarship is intended for full-time one-year or two-year master’s programmes, and is only awarded for programmes starting in the autumn semester. The scholarship is granted for one academic year (two semesters) at a time. It will be extended for programmes longer than two semesters, provided that the student has passed his/her courses/credits.
The scholarship period cannot be changed or extended beyond the awarded scholarship period, nor can the scholarship be transferred to a study programme other than the awarded master’s programme.
You must have minimum of 3,000 hours of demonstrated employment.
Read more about the criteria for work experience Experiencia en liderazgo
You must have demonstrated leadership experience from your current or previous employment.
Lea más sobre los criterios de experiencia de liderazgo Admisiones universitarias
You must be liable to pay tuition fees to Swedish universities, have followed the steps of university admission, and be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programmes by 4 April 2019.
You must be a citizen of a country that is eligible for the scholarship programme.
Lea más sobre el país de ciudadanía Otros criterios de elegibilidad
There are also conditions regarding dual citizenship, previous residence and studies in Sweden, and more.
SISGP offers scholarships to a large number of master’s programmes starting in the autumn semester 2019. Check the list of master’s programmes that are eligible for SISGP.
- To begin with, apply for a master’s programme at universityadmissions.se, between 16 October 2018 – 15 January 2019.
- Apply for an SI scholarship between 4-14 February 2019, follow the instructions below.
An estimated 300 scholarships will be available for full-time master’s studies in Sweden starting in the autumn semester 2019. Usually 1-3 % of the applicants are awarded a SISGP scholarship.
You should only submit the required documents listed below in your online scholarship application. We will not consider any other documents than the required ones. You must complete your application in English. Use our forms and templates provided below, and complete them according to the instructions both below and in the templates/forms, or else your applications will be disqualified. Kindly note the length limitation for your answers and the documents.
- Una carta de motivación: you must use the SISGP form for motivation letter 2019/2020. You need to fill in and upload the motivation letter as a PDF-file on the application portal during the application period.
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV): you must use the SISGP template for CV 2019/2020 and the CV should not exceed three pages. It’s up to you to decide which parts are relevant for your application. Additional pages will not be considered.
- Two different letters of reference: you must use the SISGP form for letter of reference 2019/2020. At least one letter of reference must be based on your work experience. It will be a merit if the second letter of reference is based on your involvement in networks or civil society organisations a becas of your regular work. The letters should be signed by the referee and stamped with an official stamp of the referred organisation or a notary office. The form(s) should be typed, then printed, signed and stamped; and then be uploaded as one PDF-file. You can find more information in the instruction in the form and in our Preguntas Frecuentes.
- Proof of work and leadership experience: you must use the SISGP form for proof of work and leadership experience 2019/2020. The work and leadership form should be signed by the referee and stamped with an official stamp of the referred organisation or a notary office. The form(s) should be typed, then printed, signed and stamped; and then be uploaded as one PDF-file. You can find more information in the instruction in the form and in our Preguntas Frecuentes.
- A copy of your passport: your personal data including name, citizenship and photograph must be shown clearly. Copy of passport should be included together with the CV as a last fourth page. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have a copy of your valid passport to include.
Make sure you have a complete application
A complete application must consist of:
- a completed motivation letter
- un CV
- two valid and completed letters of reference
- valid and completed proof of work and leadership experience
- a copy of your valid passport
Para más información: