Application Deadline: 5:00pm on November 30th, 2018 (Pacific Time Zone).
Symantec está aceptando aplicaciones para el Programa de becas 2019. Las decisiones de adjudicación se tomarán en enero 2019.
Symantec will award Symantec Research Labs (SRL) Graduate Fellowships a outstanding Ph.D. students who meet the eligibility criteria listed below. A key goal of the program is to fund innovative research that has real-world value, in areas where Symantec conducts business. Topics of interest include:
- Privacy and Identity: Applied and novel cryptographic schemes and other techniques for privacy and identity-protection objectives such as authorization, verifiable claims, trust, anonymity, ubiquitous and usable encryption, and privacy-preserving analytics with strong guarantees.
- Seguridad: Achieve security objectives for systems, networks, mobile devices, internet of things, data centers and cloud, through such mechanisms as trusted hardware, secure programming languages, security by design, threat and malware characterization, and auditing and deception techniques.
- Aprendizaje automático y minería de datos: Scalable methods such as graph and time-series analyses, anomaly detection, natural language processing, online learning, and distributed model training, in support of the security and systems areas mentioned above, as well as robustness, interpretability, privacy, and accountability of ML systems.
- Factores humanos: Applications of psychology, sociology, anthropology, behavioral economics, human-computer interaction, linguistics, and other human sciences to security and privacy. These include use of technology for social good, effective privacy, security, and identity theft notifications, and both human-assisted AI and AI-assisted humans.
- The SRL Graduate Fellowship provides up to $20,000 USD that may be used to cover one year of the student’s tuition fees and to reimburse expenses incurred by the student to engage into research collaboration with Symantec, such as conference registration fees, travel expenses, hardware, etc. If the fellowship is to cover tuition, this portion of the award will be made through the university.
- A second component of the award is a salaried internship with Symantec that we plan to offer to all fellowship recipients. Interns will usually work directly with Symantec Research Labs at one of our locations (Culver City, CA, USA; Mountain View, CA, USA; Dublin, Ireland; Sophia-Antipolis, France) or with another group within Symantec. Each recipient is paired with a mentor from Symantec
- . A mentor is a top researcher or engineer who can provide ongoing technical guidance on the recipient’s research during graduate training as well as during an internship at Symantec.
Para más información: