Fecha límite de solicitud: 15th enero 2019.
Aplicaciones para el Becas TGCL (LLM) Programa 2019 / 2020 ahora están siendo aceptados
Centro de Tanzania-Alemania para Estudios Jurídicos del África Oriental (TGCL) invita a las solicitudes de candidatos de los Estados socios de la Comunidad de África Oriental (es decir, Burundi, Kenia, Ruanda, Sudán del Sur, Tanzania y Uganda) para estudios LLM a partir 1st 2019 noviembre.
The candidates will pursue an LLM programme on East African Community Law and Regional Integration Law. The programme takes one year of full-time attendance.
On successful completion of the programme, a student will obtain a Master of Laws degree from the University of Dar es Salaam and an additional TGCL Certificate.
Research Agenda of the TGCL
There is a significant research component to the LLM programme in the form of a dissertation. All LLM dissertations must focus on East African Community law (EAC law), if possible, in relation to the student’s national law.
The TGCL will award scholarships to applicants from EAC Partner States only which will cover:
- the university fees and TGCL fees for the LLM programme;
- a reasonable health insurance; and
- a cost of living stipend of 3,360 EUR for one year
Modo de aplicación
El solicitante debe registrarse en línea a través del sitio web de TGCL y enviar los siguientes documentos electrónicamente:
- un currículum vitae firmado con evidencia clara de períodos de educación legal, relevante y otros, capacitación y experiencia práctica. Es obligatorio utilizar el modelo de CV de Europass (http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu).
- a one-page letter of motivation
- certified photocopies of all relevant certificates (birth certificate, school leaving certificates, academic transcripts, certificates of legal or other professional education, including provisional results for applicants who are in the final year of their LLB studies); in the case of documents not written in English, an official translation should be attached
- una fotografía reciente del pasaporte
- una carta de liberación de su empleador (si está empleado)
- a proposal of the intended research (1,500 words) – see annexed guidelines. It is important to include your name on the proposal.
Application for Admission to the University of Dar es Salaam
- This advertisement is for scholarships offered by the TGCL. Admissions to the University of Dar es Salaam are made by the University administration separately and independently.
- TGCL scholarships can be granted only to candidates admitted for studies at the University of Dar es Salaam.
- TGCL will inform successful scholarship applicants early enough to allow them to apply for admission in the University of Dar es Salaam.
- They will have to follow up postgraduate admission advertisements at the University of Dar es Salaam website and apply for admission as soon as the same is posted.
An applicant must consider the following general points when drafting the research proposal:
- A comprehensive and thorough reading of relevant materials is necessary as part of the preparation for an acceptable research proposal.
- The topic and the research proposal should be on a very specific legal problem within a particular area of law. It is therefore advised to avoid general topics such as “A comparison of trade law in Tanzania and Kenya in the light of EAC law” or “The relevance of the rule of law in East Africa” as they are too broad and unspecific.
- The proposal should contain a detailed outline which reveals the intended structure of the dissertation.
- The proposal should be accompanied by a bibliography containing the most significant primary sources and secondary literature in the field with precise references.
- The proposal shall not exceed 1,500 words and must include your name at the top of the paper.
Para más información: