Plazo de solicitud: abril 30th 2019
The Institute of Development Studies (IDS) is delighted to offer up to six scholarships to encourage high achieving scholars from the Global South to study for a master’s degree commencing in 2019.
These scholarships have been jointly endowed by the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust, the Albertina Scholarship Fund and the estate of Sir Hans Singer.
The scholarships are available to international students from lower- or middle-income countries who have accepted a full-time place on an IDS master’s degree. Priority will be given to students who have the greatest potential to make a difference in their home countries after completing the degree.
Type of award
Taught full-time master’s degree plus essential living costs
Up to £16,750 for fees and up to £11,000 for essential living costs
The scholarship is only open to applicants who are nationals of and currently living in a lower or middle income country. For details please refer to our lista de países.
- Must have received and accepted an offer of a place on an full-time taught IDS masters degree (see our list of IDS masters courses)
- Must have proven academic skills and an established career with a track record of excellence and achievement in the field of development
- Must be able to demonstrate, through your previous experience and future plans, that you are committed to working for development – be it educational, economic, social or cultural – in your home country
- Must not have studied nor worked in a high-income (developed) country
- Must meet all of IDS and the University of Sussex’s general entrance requirements.
- Must have received an unconditional offer on an eligible Masters by Friday 17 May 2019 (it is possible to apply for the scholarship before receiving an offer of a place).
It is not possible to defer an award made in one academic year to a later academic year if a student is unable to take up the original place.
Procedimiento de solicitud
To be considered for the IDS Graduate Scholarship, you must have accepted an offer of a place on an eligible IDS master’s degree.
Applications for the scholarship award should be submitted via our online IDS Scholarship Application Form.
In fairness to other applicants, we are unable to consider applications from candidates who have not already secured sufficient funds to meet the remaining tuition and living expenses at the time of application (after taking account of the possible award of this Scholarship) and you must provide evidence of how you will fund your expenses.
The closing date for receipt of scholarship applications is Tuesday 30 April 2019.
Your application will be reviewed and successful candidates may be called for an interview (by phone or Skype). Once an award has been approved, the candidate will be notified in writing in June 2019. Please note that candidates should not make irreversible plans to leave for the UK until they have received a formal offer letter for the scholarships.
Plazo de solicitud
The deadline to submit your scholarship application is Tuesday 30 April 2019 but you must be in receipt of an unconditional offer on an eligible course by Friday 17 May 2019.
Datos de Contacto
Si tiene alguna pregunta sobre el esquema, envíe un correo electrónico a: firstname.lastname@example.org
Para más información: