Plazo de solicitud: marzo 1st 2019
The Legatum Fellowship is a competitive program designed to help aspiring entrepreneurs gain a world class education at MIT, as well as extensive mentor and community support, in order maximize their likelihood of success as principled, impactful leaders in emerging markets. Each year we build a cohort 20-25 students dedicated to building and scaling ventures in the developing world and provide them with tuition, travel, and prototyping support, as well as access to mentors, special seminars, and other cross-campus resources.
This Fellowship is intensely action-oriented and suits the student who is fully committed to becoming a principled leader and improving the lives of others through entrepreneurship.
- Plan de estudios: Through our customized educational experience, students develop practical skills for navigating complex business environments, making principled business decisions, setting and reaching venture milestones, and building and leading teams globally.
- Tutoría: We have an dedicated to helping our Fellows navigate their entrepreneurial journey at MIT. We have also built a network of domain experts and mentors to provide guidance, encouragement, and specialized advice as needed.
- Comunidad: MIT has a rich entrepreneurial ecosystem comprised of faculty, investors, potential partners, new technologies, and both aspiring and experienced entrepreneurs. The Legatum Center serves as a community hub, helping students navigate the pockets of MIT to secure the precise expertise and resources you’ll need to optimize your entrepreneurial journey.
Student Fellows in their graduating year will be eligible to receive up to $50,000 in tuition/stipend support, as well as access to additional travel and prototyping funds.
Student Fellows who are not in their graduating year will be eligible to receive up to $25,000 in tuition/stipend support, as well as access to additional travel and prototyping funds. If they continue their education at MIT and demonstrate ongoing commitment to entrepreneurial leadership in the developing world, they will also have the opportunity to apply for follow-on funding.
The amount awarded to each new Fellow is determined by several factors including individual need, progress in your degree program, the total number of Fellows accepted, and the pool of available funding for that academic year. In general, awards have ranged from $5,000 to $50,000.
MIT Legatum is looking for principled, innovative leaders who have a track record for driving change and can demonstrate a commitment to improving lives in the developing world.
The ideal candidate will bring a deep level of know-how to his or her venture (whether related to a technical field, geographic area and/or industry sector) and thus have a competitive edge to lead their venture to success.
Ultimately, we are looking for self-motivated visionaries who are also dedicated to experimenting, learning, and growing in order to maximize their entrepreneurial success and impact over the course of their career.
Each Fellow receives funding that can be used to support their school tuition and stipend.
Students in their graduating year can access up to $50,000 for tuition; other students can access up to $25,000 with the opportunity for follow on funding in subsequent years.
Fellows also receive grants to support travel to emerging markets during the summer and winter breaks in order to build professional relationships, conduct primary market research, test prototypes, or run pilot studies.
Applicants must complete all required fields in the online application form. (See sample application above.)
- The online application form will also require you to submit the following:
- referencias: Please provide the names and contact information for 3-4 professional references. They should be able to speak to your potential as a principled entrepreneurial leader and/or your commitment to impacting change in the developing world. Legatum staff will only contact references if you are invited for an interview.
- Resume/CV: We ask that you provide the most up-to-date version of your resume or CV (1 page max).
- Applications will be reviewed by Legatum staff, as well as a committee of MIT faculty and industry experts. Evaluations will be based on the eligibility, applicant, and venture qualifications described above.
- Applicants who make it to the final round will be called for an interview.
- Interviews are by invitation only. Whenever possible, Fellowship finalists are interviewed in person. For those finalists based outside of the United States or unable to visit campus, interviews will be conducted by phone or Skype.
If you have any questions regarding the Fellowship, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Fellowship Opens: February 1st, 2019
Application Deadline: March 1st, 2019
Para más información: