Application Deadline: 8 January 2019 at 12.00 (noon) Central European Time
El concurso World Story Photo Digital Storytelling rewards those producing the best forms of visual journalism enabled by these changes.
El concurso está abierto a narradores digitales, periodistas visuales, productores y coordinadores de entrada, con presentaciones que incluyen el trabajo de un periodista visual profesional.
1. The Digital Storytelling Contest is only open to entries that include the work of a professional visual journalist. Every visual journalist must provide valid proof of current professional status. Examples of documents that count as proof include, but are not limited to:
- letter of reference from a photo agency, photo editor, media organization, publication, production company;
- membership document from a recognized press, photography or film association, which represents professional members;
- Proof of publication of (audio)visual material from 2018 or 2017, with your name visible as credit in either online or print format from a recognized media organization or publication;
- journalism union membership card;
- tarjeta de prensa
The organization reserves the right to ask for additional information to help clarify the professional status.
2. The visual journalist(s) must be the author(s) of the material submitted in his/her/their name.
3. The visual journalist(s), or the agent or representative entering on their behalf, must be the copyright holder(s) or have been authorized by the copyright holder(s) to submit the material.
4. Agents or representatives entering on behalf of a production team confirm, by entering, that each member of the production team accepts all the entry rules.
5. Entries in all categories must have been produced or first published in 2018.
6. All entries must include the contact details of the visual journalist(s) and of the production’s contact person.
7. All entries must include a title, synopsis and complete list of the production team.
8. All productions must either have English-language audio and/or text or must be subtitled in English.
9. Entries must be submitted via the official contest platform. Entries sent in other ways will not be accepted.
10. Entries in all categories must be available online. The URL’s for the productions entered must be provided when submitting through the entry website.
11. All entries must be submitted by 8 January 2019 at 12.00 (noon) Central European Time in order to participate in the 2019 contest.
- All 3 nominees in each of the 3 categories are invited to the World Press Photo Festival en Amsterdam.
- A representative from each of the nominated productions will have their travel and lodging paid for by the World Press Photo Foundation.
- The nominees in each category will receive a diploma and a Golden Eye Award, presented during the annual Awards Show.
- 3 nominees in each category will receive:
- Inclusion in the World Press Photo exhibition
- Inclusion in the annual collectible yearbook, available in multiple languages with a worldwide distribution of more than 30,000
- A diploma and Golden Eye Award, presented at the annual Awards Ceremony during the World Press Photo Festival in Amsterdam. A representative from each of the nominated productions will get an invitation, return airfare, and hotel accommodation for the annual networking event, the World Press Photo Festival.
- In addition, nominees are often featured in major publications and invited to speak at public events, exhibition openings, and lectures throughout the year.
Línea de tiempo
- 3 2018 diciembre: The contest website opens for entries.
- 8 2019 enero: Contest website closes for entries (12 noon CET)
- 11 2019 abril: A representative from the nominated productions are invited to attend the 2019 Awards Show in Amsterdam during which the The World Press Photo Online Video of the Year, The World Press Photo Interactive of the Year, and all Digital Storytelling Contest winners will be announced.
- 11 XCHARX 13 April 2019: World Press Photo Festival in Amsterdam.
Para más información: