Application Deadline: Monday, November 26, 2018 at 5:00pm Tunisia time.
Como parte de la Programa de Becas Thomas Jefferson, the 2019-2020 Tunisia Undergraduate Scholarship Program, a program of the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the United States Department of State, provides opportunities for outstanding undergraduate students from Tunisia for one year of full-time, non-degree study in the United States. Students will attend four year universities and colleges and will live in on-campus housing (dormitories).
Participants may submit U.S. transcripts to their home institution for review upon completion of the program to determine if the credits are transferrable. The program will provide participants with a deeper understanding of American culture and new globally-applicable skills and expertise to help them contribute to the growth and development of Tunisia.
A broad range of academic fields of study are eligible, including humanities, social sciences, applied sciences, natural and physical sciences, arts, and other standard university fields of study. Please note that students studying at ISSAT (Institut Supérieur des Sciences Appliquées et de Technologie) are not eligible for Tunisia UGRAD but should apply for the Tunisia Community College Scholarship Program (TCCSP).
Students should identify their program field of study on their application. This
field should be drawn from the standard university/college curriculum within the United States. Please note that students may not enroll in clinical coursework while on the Tunisia UGRAD Program.
To support students in the development of the skills, knowledge, and attitudes needed to build strong foundations for professional leadership success contributing to Tunisia’s development, participants engage in experiential learning components in addition to their academic programs:
Cultural Engagement: To develop students’ interpersonal and cross-cultural skills, participants will be required to give a minimum of one country presentation during their program; complete cross-cultural activities each semester; and develop a virtual cultural exchange activity.
Community Service: To expose students to the principles of community service and social responsibility in the United States, participants will be required to perform a minimum of 20 hours of community service with local organizations during their first semester and participate in a leadership development mid-program workshop.
Part-Time Internship: Internships provide an essential opportunity for participants to develop key personal soft skills and gain professional experience and skills that can be applied in their future careers in Tunisia. Program participants will be required to intern a total of 80 hours during their second semester; each participant’s internship must be related to their program field of study.
Requisitos de elegibilidad:
The Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic as established by U.S. law. Competition for the Programa de Becas de Pregrado de Túnez is merit-based and open to anyone who:
• Es un ciudadano tunecino.
• Is currently enrolled as a first- or second-year full-time undergraduate (Licence) student in good academic standing at the time of application at a registered academic institution in Tunisia;
o Architecture students are eligible in their first-, second-, third-, or fourth-year of study. Engineering students are eligible in their first-, or second-year (preparatory classes), and third- and fourth-year of undergraduate study;
o Si estudia en un ISSAT (Institut Supérieur des Sciences Appliquées et de Technologie), consulte la solicitud del Programa de Becas de Tunisia Community College.
• Actualmente reside en Túnez;
• Puede recibir una visa estadounidense J-1;
• Tiene al menos 18 años antes de julio 1, 2019
• Se compromete a regresar a Túnez después de la finalización del programa; y
• Is able to achieve a TOEFL score of 500 (PBT)
DISPOSICIONES FINANCIERAS DE LA SUBVENCIÓN
• Soporte de visa J-1;
• Viaje de ida y vuelta desde la ciudad de origen del participante a la institución anfitriona en los Estados Unidos;
• Accident and sickness medical coverage;
• Matrícula y aranceles universitarios obligatorios;
• Habitación y comida (alojamiento y comidas);
• pequeña asignación imprevistos;
• asignación limitada para libros;
• Una amplia variedad de oportunidades de capacitación y networking para ex alumnos
GENERAL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
• Please answer ALL questions on the application in English (except where specified).
• Include your full, legal name – family name (surname) and first name – as spelled on your international passport (if available) or national identity card. Do not translate name spellings.
• Include complete contact information (including postal codes for all addresses and city/country codes for all phone and fax numbers). Do not translate street or city names into English. Instead, please write the names using the English alphabet.
• Do NOT leave a space blank. If a question does not apply to you, enter N/A (not applicable).
• Applicants are encouraged to complete the application online at www.irex.org.
• If submitting a paper application:
o All forms and supporting materials should be typewritten (if possible) and submitted with the completed application. Handwritten applications must be neatly printed in black ink.
o Write your full name and home city in the top right corner of each page.
A completed application includes:
• Additional Application Questions: Applicants must provide information about how they heard about the Tunisia Undergraduate Scholarship Program, plans to apply for other sponsored educational exchange programs and their permanent home governorate.
• Short Answers 1-5: Applicants must answer each question and use no more than 250 words per response. Answers must be the applicant’s own work.
• Essay 1: Applicants must completely answer the question including all sub-questions associated with Essay 1. This answer should be no more than 800 words and in essay format. Answers must be the applicant’s own work.
• Essay 2: Applicants must completely answer the question including all sub-questions associated with Essay 2. This answer should be no more than 800 words and in essay format. Answers must be the applicant’s own work.
DIRECTRICES PARA EL ENVÍO
The deadline for applications for Tunisia UGRAD is Monday, November 26, 2018 at 5:00pm Tunisia time. Applications may be submitted to IREX in one of two ways: Online or by paper.
Aplicaciones en línea:
Se recomienda a los solicitantes completar la solicitud en línea.
1. La solicitud en línea se puede encontrar en el sitio web de IREX en: http://www.irex.org/project/tunisia-ugrad
2. Please read the instructions and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) carefully prior to beginning the application.
Aplicaciones de papel:
Las solicitudes en papel pueden enviarse a la siguiente dirección:
IREX/Tunisia c/o Startup Haus Tunis 71 Avenue Jean Jaurès
Para más información: