Application Deadline: Tuesday, November 6, 2018 at 12:00 noon, Eastern Standard Time (EST) (GMT-5).
The Department of State annually administers the statutorily-mandated Diversity Immigrant Visa Program. Sección 203 (c) de la Ley de Inmigración y Nacionalidad (INA) provides for a class of immigrants known as “diversity immigrants” from countries with historically low rates of immigration to the United States. For Fiscal Year 2020, 50,000 Diversity Visas (DVs) will be available.
There is no cost to register for the DV program.
Applicants who are selected in the program (“selectees”) must meet simple but strict eligibility requirements to qualify for a diversity visa. The Department of State determines selectees through a randomized computer drawing. The Department of State distributes diversity visas among six geographic regions, and no single country may receive more than 7 percent of the available DVs in any one year.
Para DV-2020, los nativos de los siguientes países no son elegibles para postularse porque más de 50,000 nativos de estos países inmigraron a los Estados Unidos en los últimos cinco años:
Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, China (mainland-born), Colombia, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Haiti, India, Jamaica, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistán, Perú, Filipinas, Corea del Sur, Reino Unido (excepto Irlanda del Norte) y sus territorios dependientes, y Vietnam.
Persons born in Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR, and Taiwan are eligible.
Requirement #1: Individuals born in countries whose natives qualify may be eligible to enter. If you were not born in an eligible country, there are two other ways you might be able to qualify.
- Was your spouse born in a country whose natives are eligible? If yes, you can claim your spouse’s country of birth – provided that both you and your spouse are named on the selected entry, are found eligible and issued diversity visas, and enter the United States simultaneously.
- Were you born in a country whose natives are ineligible, but in which neither of your parents was born or legally resident at the time of your birth? If yes, you may claim the country of birth of one of your parents if it is a country whose natives are eligible for the DV-2020 program. For more details on what this means, see the Frequently Asked Questions.
Requisito # 2: Cada solicitante de DV debe cumplir con el requisito de experiencia en educación / trabajo del programa DV al tener:
- at least a high school education or its equivalent, defined as successful completion of a 12-year course of formal elementary and secondary education;
- two years of work experience within the past five years in an occupation that requires at least two years of training or experience to perform. The Department of State will use the U.S. Department of Labor’s O*Net Online database to determine qualifying work experience.
Período de entrada
- Applicants must submit entries for the DV-2020 program electronically at dvlottery.state.gov between noon, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (GMT-4), Wednesday, October 3, 2018, and noon, Eastern Standard Time (EST) (GMT-5), Tuesday, November 6, 2018.
- Do not wait until the last week of the registration period to enter, as heavy demand may result in website delays.
- No late entries or paper entries will be accepted.
- The law allows only one entry per person during each registration period.
- The Department of State uses sophisticated technology to detect multiple entries. Individuals with more than one entry will be disqualified.
Para más información: